Jumat, 07 Desember 2012

Materi Bhs. Inggris kelas 2 SMK - Past Tense



Petunjuk :
1. kopi materi " Past tense  ini ke microsoft word. 
2. Baca dan pahami materi tentang 'Past tense' dibawah ini
3. Kerjakan semua latihan yang diberikan dalam format ini
4. Jika sudah selesai mengerjakan, cetaklah dan kumpulkan kepada gurumu
5. Jangan lupa menulis Nama, kelas dan nomor absenmu.

THE PAST TENSE
Past Simple: question and negative

FORM
• The past simple question form is the same for all persons (I, you, he, she,
etc.) and all verbs:
Did
Subject
Infinitive
Did
I
You
We
They
He
She
It
leave ?
go ?
Stay?

• The past simple negative form is the same for all persons and all verbs:
Subject
Did not
infinitive
I
You
We
They
He
She
It
Did not
‘(didn’t)
leave
go
stay


Practice
Write these sentences in the past simple, keeping them as questions or negatives.

1 Do they agree?             Did they agree?
2 They don't drive.           They didn't drive.
3 When do they go?
4 Where do they work?
5 Do you understand?
6 I don't know
7 He doesn't like it
8 What do you think?
9 She doesn't live here
10 How much does it cost?
11 When do you get up?
12 1 don't swim
13 She doesn't speak Spanish
14 We don't understand
15 When do they leave?
16 When does he go to school?
17 Do you like Germany?
18 When do you go out?
19 She doesn't smoke
20 He doesn't know

 Past Simple: positive - regular verbs
FORM
• Regular verbs have the same form for all persons (I, you, he, she, etc.):
Subject
Infinitive + ed
I
You
We
They
He
She
It

stayed
Notes

• Irregular verbs are different in the positive >• Exercise 36
.
• Remember to use the infinitive without ed for questions and negatives

Exercise 34.
Did you stay? (NOT Did you stayed?)
• Spelling:

a) verbs ending in e add only d:
I love — / loved

b) verbs ending in y change y to led:
I try — I tried

c) most verbs ending in a single vowel + single consonant change to single
vowel + double consonant:
/ travel —• travelled
We stop — we stopped


USE
• For a past action or state. The action can be a short one:
/ asked a question.
She missed the bus.

 







or a long one:
/ walked for hours.
I lived here for years.
 






Practice

Change the verbs into the past simple, keeping them as positives, negatives,
or questions.
1 He lives here. He lived here.
2 Do you work here? Did you work here?
3 I don't like the film
4 She hates the hotel
5 We don't live there
6 Does he play the piano?
7 I love Paris
8 He doesn't work very hard
9 She travels a lot
10 He walks everywhere
11 I don't study English
12 Do you drive to school?
13 I don't like him
14 Do you miss your parents?
15 We love Spain
16 John studies music
17 Where do you live?
18 What does he study?
19 Where does she work?
20 We don't like London
21 They hate waiting
22 They work in a factory

 Past Simple: positive - irregular verbs
FORM
• Irregular verbs have the same form for all persons (I, you, he, she, etc)
Subject
Past simple
I
You
We
They
He
She
It
went

• Irregular verbs are irregular in the past simple in the positive only (not in the
negative or question form):
go — went          She went home yesterday,
sit sat             I sat down,
write -- wrote      She wrote for hours.
.
Look at these irregular forms

go               - went            give            -gave
sit               - sit                have          - had          
come             - came                    get up          -got up
write              - wrote                    eat               -ate
run            - run                 drink         -drank

 
 








PRACTICE
Use the verbs above to complete these sentences.
1 I .wrote... a few letters yesterday.
2 He ..........at six o'clock this morning.
3 They........... home late last night.
4 She ...........a headache yesterday.
5 I was hungry so I ..........some bread and cheese.
6 They came into my office and......... down.
7 We ................some water.
8 I was late so I........... to work.
9 She ..............abroad last week.
10 They ............him some money.

 Past Simple: positive
Practice
 Write the past simple positive of these irregular verbs.

buy
catch
choose
come
do
drink
eat

bought
...................
...................
...................
...................
...................
...................
forget
give
go
know
make
put
read
...................
...................
...................
...................
...................
...................
....................
see
sit
speak
take
tell
think
understand
...................
...................
...................
...................
...................
...................
...................

In your notebook, write these sentences putting the verbs into the past
simple. Remember that the infinitive is used for questions and negatives.

1 I ..........some new clothes last week, (buy)
/ bought some new clothes last week.

2 What time ............last night? (they come)
What time did they come last night?

3 I ................his question, (not understand)
/ didn't understand his question.
4 I ..............he was wrong, (think)
5 ................a lot at the party? (you eat)
6 I ...................the bus this morning, (not catch)
7 I .................my keys yesterday, (forget)
8 you .................about the meeting? (they tell)
9 Peter .....................the washing-up last night, (do)
10 They ..............anything at the disco, (not drink)
11 I ...............your suitcase in your bedroom, (put)
12 We .................it was your birthday, (not know)
13 ....................to the office yesterday? (you go)
14 They ......................her a present when she left, (give)
15 We .....................their letters, (read)

Tidak ada komentar:

Poskan Komentar